Tuesday, January 8, 2013

NP OPEN HOUSE 2013

It's Ngee Ann Polytechnic's open house on the 5, 7 and 8 January 2013! And it's the first time that i'm engaging in the open house as a student helper and not an outsider. Hahaha what am I talking about, i'm a first year student of course its my first time! Okay luh I was a student helper at LSCT on saturday, the first day of NP's open house and there were a lot of people and I had quite some fun while "promoting" NP and LSCT courses. HAHA. 

I wasn't very keen on helping out for the open house initially cos I thought it would be very boring and stuff like that. Plus, i'm never the kind that love to talk so interaction would be a little difficult huh. But, surprisingly, I had a whole lot of fun on saturday. I started off weird and awkward but towards the end, I knew what I was doing and had an idea of how to "promote" my school. Talking to the secondary 4 students wasn't as difficult as it seems and I found out that I actually really liked to talk to strangers and my friend was like asking me to go do sales. Haha. I know this sounds extremely contradicting to who I think I am supposed to be so don't ask me why cos I don't actually know too. Hahaha. 

Anw, I was nearing the end of my shift when I encountered this secondary 4 girl in a white top. I went over to her and expected her to be just like everybody else, listen to me talk crap about LSCT and then just walk away. But, surprising enough, I thought she might want a guided tour and I offered my help as a "tour guide". She gladly accepted my offer and I was like wow. She has this weird thing about her that made me feel so comfortable and we actually started talking and it wasn't as awkward as I thought it would be. Never did I thought that I would be her personal guide through all the stations of LSCT and I actually went around with her for more than an hour! I didn't even know her at first! Brought her to CBE's booth and looked at the liquid nitrogen demonstration cos I had to promote my course a little and went to VBS's booth where she got to play with the pets there. She was such a bubbly girl that I can't help but feel instantly like a friend of mine. Then at BMS's booth, she actually made me prick my finger and tested for my blood group and glucose level in my blood. I didn't want to but she made me do it!! This is where I felt that its so weird! How on earth did I become so comfortable with a stranger that I just got to know?!?! I still don't understand. Haha. And when we actually finished with LSCT, she wanted to move on to HS to have a look at optometry and weird enough, I told her i'll guide her there too. And we tested our eyes at HS, again she made me try out everything that she tried!

So all in all, the strange encounter with the girl one year younger than me was so amazing. I really want to be friends with her in real life and I hope we would. Even though we are now only friends on facebook, but I believe I can get to know her from there. It's definitely not something that I will usually do but i''m actually doing it. So now you know what I mean by weird. Haha. Just because of one guided tour, I got to know her and felt like we can be friends. What is this I don't know. Some kind of affinity I guess. Its like i'm guided to her and we are supposed to be friends. Haha sound so dramatic I know. But its just a nice feeling. Heh. Guess it's her bubbly character and outgoing personality that attracted me? :)

I hope I don't make myself sound like some weird psychopath omg hahaha I don't mean it in any weird way but its really hard to explain the feeling.:P Anw i'm glad to know her and that I hope she has had as much fun as I had on saturday.^^

Oh ya and she is the very first person that commented that i'm very outgoing. Omg. What on earth is happening!! Never have anyone used outgoing on me in the past 17 years of my life. It really is crazy! Very crazy! I thank my lucky stars for letting me meet her on that saturday. :)

Okay bye! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment