Saturday, February 16, 2013

MY BRACE FACE HISTORY


Yooohoooo~ Just felt like doing a random brace face history to "commemorate" my new set of teeth HAHAHA.. I know its really random but this sudden inspiration isn't without reason! 

I was watching a video on Youtube and the girl in the video mentioned something about giving yourself a change and basically just going ahead and do anything that makes you feel good about yourself and to bring a little change to make you have the "start afresh" feel. So one of the thing she mentioned was to go and have braces, which I believe was what she did in the past to bring about that change in her. According to her, having braces makes you feel so much better about yourself. You feel so much more confident about your smile and your general appearance. To be honest, I agree to that statement to like a hundred percent. I am really really really grateful for my smile now, despite it isn't the best set of teeth in the entire universe but still... Heh.

Never used to love smiling with my teeth but now, I totally ADORE smiling with my teeth. Whole set of teeth that is. I used to have the most crooked front teeth ever and my teeth used to be like super small I don't know why. But after almost two whole years of living with my braces, I finally achieved the kind of teeth that i've always dreamed of having. You know what? Its all worth the aching, money and time. (I won't say pain here cos it really didn't hurt that much throughout the entire process) Trust me. I still kind of miss having braces cos ultimately it has been two long years and i've grown to live with it and its kind of like an essential part of what I am. Hahaha. 

It is a life changing procedure to me and I will strongly encourage anyone with teeth that are not nicely spaced or arranged and are concerned or self conscious about it to go and get braces. Its definitely not cheap, costing up to a few thousand dollars for the entire treatment but really, save and go for it. Its worth it to make yourself feel good about yourself and your entire being. And once in a while look into the mirror and feel that hey at least there's a part of myself that I find kind of pleasant to look at. Well, referring to people with low self esteem like me duh~ 

I pleaded really long, for like a few years I think, before my mum actually brought me to the orthodontist when I was in secondary 3. It felt like a dream come true and I never feared dentists from then on cos I know what changes it can bring to me. 

So really its alright to change a little of what you are not pleased with to a relatively acceptable extent and be feel good about yourself. Might not make you feel super pretty all the time but its that once in a while kind of thing now and then that keeps us going I guess. Heh. :)

Oh ya happy belated valentine's!

Still having exams till next tuesday so wish me luck! Can't wait for exams to be over cos I feel extremely tired omg. Haha but oh well~ Its not the first time facing with this anw! Will be back again after the exams! :D

 

No comments:

Post a Comment