Saturday, October 27, 2012

FIFTEEN. YOUNG, WILD AND FREE.

"You take a deep breath and you walk through the doors  
It's the morning of your very first day  
And you say hi to your friends you ain't seen in a while 
Try and stay out of everybody's way
It's your freshman year and you're gonna be here 

For the next four years in this town  
Hoping one of those senior boys will wink at you and say "You know, I haven't seen you around before"
 

'Cause when you're fifteen and somebody tells you they love you 
You're gonna believe them 
And when you're fifteen feeling like there's nothing to figure out  
Well, count to ten, take it in  
This is life before you know who you're gonna be Fifteen
 

You sit in class next to a redhead named Abigail  
And soon enough you're best friends 
Laughing at the other girls who think they're so cool  
We'll be outta here as soon as we can
And then you're on your very first date and he's got a car  

And you're feeling like flying  
And you're momma's waiting up and you're thinking he's the one  
And you're dancing 'round your room when the night ends When the night ends
 

'Cause when you're fifteen and somebody tells you they love you  
You're gonna believe them 
When you're fifteen and your first kiss 
Makes your head spin 'round 
But in your life you'll do things greater than 
Dating the boy on the football team 
But I didn't know it at fifteen
When all you wanted was to be wanted  

Wish you could go back and tell yourself what you know now
 

Back then I swore I was gonna marry him someday 
But I realized some bigger dreams of mine  
And Abigail gave everything she had to a boy 
Who changed his mind and we both cried
 

'Cause when you're fifteen and somebody tells you they love you 
You're gonna believe them 
And when you're fifteen, don't forget to look before you fall I've found time can heal most anything 
And you just might find who you're supposed to be 
I didn't know who I was supposed to be at fifteen
 

Your very first day 
Take a deep breath girl 
Take a deep breath as you walk through the doors"

-- Fifteen Taylor Swift


I can't believe i'm alr past the 15 years old mark for 2 years now. Being 17 is great, but I can't help feeling nostalgic when I listened to this song after all this while. It has really been a freaking long time since I last came across this song. Its pretty catchy so I kind of liked it in the past. More so than now actually. Probably cos I was 15 then. But, at 17, I seem to be able to relate better to this song as compared to before. 2 years back I probably related only to its title. If it even makes sense. I mean like it was the only thing that is similar or common to me at that time. But now it's entirely different. I'm a big girl now! Hahaha.

I find it quite true that at 15 you probably wouldn't know that in your life you're gonna do things that are greater than what you'd imagine, when all you wanted was to be wanted. Like at that point in time, what goes through your head is pretty simple as compared to when you're older. You'll only start to think about the consequences of certain decisions when you are much older.

And, I didn't know who I was supposed to be at fifteen. In fact I probably still don't quite know now. Its still pretty much a mystery to me but I do have better sense of how things are and how its supposed to be etc. Oh my I seriously love the feeling when certain things or people just reminds you of such memorable past. Don't you?


The times when we were young, wild and free.. I'd better cherish while I still have my precious youth! :D

Cheers. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment