Monday, October 22, 2012

FIRST

There are always a lot of "first time"(s) throughout our lives and today, I had like a double first time. It was my very first competition that i've ever been to, plus, it is my first competition for fencing. Amazing as it seems, i've been in fencing for the the past 6 months or so and it has definitely spiced up my life tremendously, whether its the amazing fellow fencers or the sport itself. Feels like i'm finally doing something worth remembering with my life. Haha.

Woke up really early to cab over to NUS with huiyu and we ended up reaching there super early. Saw desiree while alighting and we ended up walking in together. Sat around and calm our nerves while waiting for the door to be unlocked and as I watched jernelle eat her banana, I thought of my banana too.. Supposed to eat it for breakfast but I didn't have enough time. :( (a girl who loves bananas very much currently) Okay then the door opened and we changed into our attire, or rather half changed, and did warm ups. It only felt real when we started warming up for the competitions but my heart was pounding wildly in my chest when I first stepped into the hall. Like going for oral exams sia! -.-

Fenced 2 bouts in total and I still think I could have done a lot better but oh wells~ What can you expect from me right? Still like a baby learning how to walk. But when I went for my very first bout, the feeling is literally hard to forget. Couldn't really think about what to do and it really all depends on my reflex reaction in the end. Like I did what my body told me to do. Plus plus plus, heat was leaving my body at such a rapid rate until my hands were freezing. Heart pounding and all omg. Like panic attack.TT 

Another thing is that I didn't really feel that much of an adrenaline rush when I fenced today. I mean there was luh but it didn't hit the maximum. The crazy feeling of an adrenaline rush during the sparring session is hard to forget. I want to feel that every single time I fence and i'm trying to find it but I just can't. And I started to realise that the first few bouts that I fence always feels like a warm up rather than an actual fence. That's another thing that I really want to change cos otherwise its going to cause me my downfall one day.

If you were to ask me to do like a reflection, I really can't say a lot cos I kind of lost the memory of that 2 bouts I fenced. It just zoomed past like that and I didn't really capture it in me. Weird right. I guess as I fence more in the future I will learn to remember the movements and hits in a bout bah.
Really happy that I got this opportunity and i'm definitely looking forward to more in the future and hopefully i'll be better by then. :)

Smile!
Cheers.<3

No comments:

Post a Comment