Thursday, October 18, 2012

LOVE LIFE


93奇蹟 - Dora給我們的生命禮物 A book written by one of the girls' mother in the Love Life documentary. I really want to get a copy of this if I can. I think it'll be a very inspirational read to be shared around or to be read over and over again.

I learned about project Love Life quite some time back in the middle of 2012 I guess, when I actually came across the documentary on youtube through a couple, 陈建州 and 范玮琪. I admire their effort in trying to reach out to the many others in society to spread the message of Love. 

I was kind of at a pretty low point of my life, struggling to study for the exams or something, remember feeling really down and I didn't know what I could do with what I have on hand. Not trying to exaggerate but I remember tweeting about the Love Life documentary before when I first watched it and it was the moment when I was really inspired by the story of the 3 young girls at the prime age of thier lives, being diagnosed with  cancer and had to fight a battle against death. The producer took 3.5 years to document the story of the girls, hoping that the perseverance of their fight against cancer would be able to make many others out there appreciate life more, at the same time realise that we all have the ability to lend a helping hand to people around us that requires help, regardless how minute it might be. 


Here's the documentary.

Why did I suddenly thought of the Love Life project again? Cos Felicia just asked me to help her like a Facebook page called Love Life Singapore for her final year project. And I thought it was really great that more and more people are knowing about this project cos me myself, i'm definitely a supporter of it. I mean, after being so deeply inspired by this documentary, how can you not be supportive right? Well, this feeling can only be understood if you actually bother to take 1 hour of your time to watch this documentary cos I did. And i've watched it about twice or thrice alr, each time, it never failed to make me tear and ask myself time and again, what have I been doing with my life? These girls had such a hard time battling against cancer and they didn't even allow themselves to give up, holding onto whatever little hope they had. But what about me? I wanted to give up when school work gets too tough, when my mood is down or when I get affected by others. All these are just stupid reasons I came up with to give myself the excuse to want to give up. All these are nothing compared to what the girls had to go through. When facing with death right in front of your face, I believe anyone would take a thousand times of those minor daily problems instead, if you cherish life enough. Well, at least I would.

Though they had only a very short amount of time to live, but they definitely made the best out of their lives and that is to touch every heart out there and inspire people to continue on. They may not be around anymore but their stories lives on to inspire many others out there. I am grateful to have the opportunity to come across this documentary and have my mindset changed towards the challenges in life. Though I may still feel down and all, but you'll just know that it'll be alright at the end of the day. 

Be grateful for the things that we have, the people that we have, the time that we have to accomplish all our dreams and aspirations.
Not only being grateful, also cherish and strive to make the best out of everything. 

Nothing is perfect. But you can always make it close to your definition of perfection.

Live life, Love Life.

Jiayou! 

Cheers. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment