Sunday, December 14, 2014

ACRYLIC PAINTING?!

You know that feeling of legitimately feeling as if a light bulb just lighted up in your head and an uncontrolled, subconscious smile pops up on your face? I just had that amazing moment today. 

Walked into ArtFriend to look for a gift box and some papers for a card and ended up wandering into the other aisles. (When I have yet to even find whatever I went there for. That's so me. -_-) What first caught my attention was the crazy huge canvases I saw on the shelves. I thought it was cardboard or paper of some sort. But it was canvases. The first time looking at canvases up close was pretty much an eyeopener. I never knew canvases were cloth stretched over a wooden frame LOL How ignorant of me. It was strangely satisfying looking at how white the canvases are. Huge sense of satisfaction and urge to just get one to go home with me. Which I literally almost did LOL 

As I strolled on, I saw paints and brushes. Yet again, the brand new brush bristles that are soft as hell in my opinion is so satisfying to look at I cannot even put my point across enough like how obsessed I was when it comes to these strange addictions. LOL (These strange addictions became more apparent in recent years. Never knew I had OCD to this extent) This was probably the moment when I made up my mind that i'm gonna try out painting. Not that i've never thought of actually putting that thought into actions but somehow just the idea of it looks pretty daunting. But things are different now~ I swear I almost just bought the materials home right there and then which I didn't cos I thought I didn't have enough knowledge about those stuff yet. And just to add on, those stuff can add up to quite a bit of expenses there. So the practical, realistic and logical side of me took over and I stood there just thinking through stuff. 

I was deciding between watercolour, oil painting or acrylic painting. I had my fair share of exposure to paints in primary school and during my growing years, However, I have never had the interest about what paint I was using. I never really cared. Just used whatever there was in fact. And most of those random paints were poster colour and watercolours, I don't think i've ever used acrylic or oil paints before and it was daunting yet immensely intriguing just thinking about it. 

Came to a decision to try out acrylic painting cos I love to see the sharp edges that pops right up off of the surface of a painting from brush strokes or whatever. That textured surface is the kind of look that I liked. I thought it was an interesting addition to a painting where its no longer just 2D and flat. I liked how it has more dimension and depth to how it looked. And so acrylic painting ended up to be the champion, walking away with all my thoughts. Literally. LOL

Can't bring myself to leave ArtFriend after 1.5 hours. Like can you believe it?? I actually stayed in there for that long just LOOKING at stuff. (Up till this point, I have still yet to find the things that I went there for LOL) Since I really couldn't not get anything, I decided to leave with two canvases. Mini ones. Which I think was the perfect size for what I had in mind. If my heart and mind stays in this long enough, I will ultimately wish to continue on to a real legit canvas some time in the near future. I can already picture what it'll be like and how much i'll enjoy just sitting there and spending a hell lot of time completing something. Arghhhh i'm excited just thinking about it!! 

I need exams to be over like asap. So that I can make that trip down to Artfriend again to get paint and brushes this time round. I hope this whole drawing/painting thing can be a legit hobby that stays with me as I proceed into adulthood just as reading is for me. I think it's a really nice feeling to know that you have something that you truly enjoy doing and look forward to doing in life.^^

That pretty much sums up my random thoughts on a random night which I am supposed to be studying but I got way too distracted today so whatever. LOL Got to sleep soon and really prepare for my first paper on monday. Just one week. Its gonna be fun. I know it. ;)

J.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment