Monday, December 22, 2014

I AM ONLY HUMAN

Isn't being who I am good enough? 

I often ask myself this question recently. I feel genuinely happy with how life is like right now for me. Its very self satisfactory at least on a personal level. I'm doing what I like, working towards to my own personal goals using my own strength and being my own motivation. 

I am only human. I take pride in certain things that I do. I feel insecure about certain things about me. But that just makes me as human as any other person. I'm not a natural-born leader. But that doesn't mean that I do not take charge of things. I just prefer to put myself in others' shoes and understand from their point of view towards something. I would rather do something and as long as others like it, it is then satisfying to me. I find joy in seeing others being happy because I did something that is within my control and abilities to help make them happy.

But, that doesn't mean that i'm someone with no principles whatsoever. I have my own reasons when I make a decision to do something. And I respect that others have theirs' too. Talk to me. Talk to me about your perspective and I will respect it and try to understand it. But at the same time, I expect others to return me that form of respect and the effort to at least try to understand me from my perspective as well. Life is always about giving and taking, striking a balance. I love seeing others being happy does not mean that I don't make the effort to make myself happy. I do. I strive to lead a positive and happy life, to count the blessings in my everyday. And i'm doing it. Just because part of what I do to make myself happy is to make others happy does not mean that i'm someone who puts others in front of myself all the time. There are times that I do. But there are times that I don't. It depends. It isn't right to judge that I am the weakling that only knows how to give others everything that I have regardless. Cos i'm not. I may have used to be that kind of person. But i'm no longer who I was in the past.

I am satisfied with my own changes over the years. In fact I might actually be in the best state i've ever been for the past 19 years. Isn't that enough? I mean I definitely could be better. However, is it so wrong to be happy with who I am when I don't see any major issues in myself?

I'm not heavily affected by this. I'm just a little confused. But its okay. I'm still happy with who I am at the moment, just living the life as I would. Ultimately its my life. All's good. :)

J.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment