Wednesday, December 17, 2014

TRAVEL TO FEEL


Yet another late night writing. 

It's currently 3:34AM (So late I know) and was gonna do some studying for my upcoming paper on thursday but I ended up with my lappy again. Like its so hard to focus with all these thoughts in my mind! Amazing thoughts though. This is how crazy it is to be thinking of crazy happy thoughts in the middle of the night when most people, including myself a few months back, are just drowning in emo dark thoughts. But nah i'm not complaining. I'm hella happy with the current mood that i've got going on in my head so yeap~ Just got to start learning how to switch on the auto focus at times LOL

There's so many things that i've got running in my head that I need somewhere to let it out. Like seriously. Its occupying my mind like nobody's business and I seriously need to study. LOL So... what's the big deal with this on going good form insanity? The big deal is that THERE IS ACTUALLY A POSSIBILITY THAT I'M GONNA BE ABLE TO GO TO UK AFTER I GRADUATE. 

HOW IS THAT NOT A BIG DEAL???

I don't know how it all happened. But all I know is that UK has always been high up on my bucket list at least in recent years. Traveling has always been for a different reason when I was younger. And it honestly has been such a long time since I last traveled. I used to want to travel for sightseeing, shopping, food and all the other extravagant purpose. But now, its so entirely different. Its like I want to travel to UK so bad because I want to simply travel. 

I want to set foot on a foreign land, which in this case UK is my option, experience life there where there is a very different cultural background, people, common sightseeing locations, not-so-common non-sightseeing locations, architecture etc. Basically to just embark on a journey to experience and feel. I want no shopping I want no food. I want to just travel on a tight budget if you must say (though I have to travel on a tight budget cos i'm sort of really on a tight budget LOL) I am prepared to eat simply for meals. I am prepared to travel on foot. In fact, I want to break free from the conventional way of traveling. I think only when you travel without the extravagant wants, can you truly experience traveling as it is. The most simplest form of it. 

And why UK? I have no idea actually. When I was younger, I wanted to travel to Korea, Taiwan, Hongkong etc. But UK actually appeals to me so much more right now. It even topped my bucket list in recent years. All of a sudden Australia did not appeal to me as much as it did anymore. Probably in the past and in the future but just not now. I don't want to travel to somewhere that doesn't appeal to me in the strongest way ever and spend the money to travel over but unable to fully enjoy the journey. I strongly believe that if the trip to UK is made possible, it would be the most unforgettable trip for me in awhile. Because I am not traveling to this place for my friends. Its solely because I want to. I'm traveling for myself and though there are still gonna be friends accompanying me, the mindset and idea is still there. Like i'm not following my friends on this journey but its one that I actually want to set foot on. If I were to pinpoint on a reason as to why I chose UK for my grad trip, it would have to be the cultural experience and architectural uniqueness that appealed to me the most. 

After I graduate, its time that I enter another phase of my life. Entering adulthood can bring about many responsibilities. I am taking every chance to make this trip possible because I know it wouldn't be the same again if I were to travel to UK again when I get older, when I start work. The mindset and all would be slightly different if not entirely. I don't know but I rarely have such wants that I feel such a strong need to make it happen. And when I do, it means a lot. 

Some may think that i'm willful for the fact that I insist on traveling to UK even though is SO expensive. (Honestly it is. Just the tickets alone is insane.) But to me this trip is not just a normal trip. Its almost like it signifies a new start. Cos its true that a new phase of life awaits me when I return. Its also a journey that I embark on with a light heart and happy feelings. I honestly haven't been too happy for the most part of 2014. And now that I finally am feeling happy and embracing all the goodness in life, I think this is a much needed new start. 

I want to travel to feel. To connect with the other part of the world, to connect with myself as well and this is honestly in my opinion, the best time to do it. :)



J.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment