Saturday, October 13, 2012

TRAINING CAMP

Finally home after staying in school for 3 days 2 nights cos we had our fencing training camp. The first day wasn't too bad actually, in fact it was pretty bearable even though it was kinda tiring at the end of the day. But, I couldn't sleep well the first night and kept waking up in like hourly intervals throughout the night, The floor like damn hard luh omg. Well, I cannot really complain cos its a camp and nobody promised nice and comfortable sleeping grounds. Oh well~ Oh right. While playing captain's ball on the first day, I saw Gavin playing soccer with his friend and the ball kept coming into out playing area. Can't imagine that I didn't recognise him until quite a while later omg. Haha. 

Then, it was day 2 that almost killed me. Horrifying campus run early in the morning. I really admire how people can keep running like they don't need oxygen. But I couldn't. Stressed by the fact that i'm holding everyone else back and the lack of oxygen in my lungs pushed me over the level of control of my emotions. Couldn't hold it in any longer, tears fell, mixed emotions. Guilt, fear, I don't know. Even though everyone says its alright, i'm not holding anybody back, we are one and we will run as one, but deep down inside, I can't help but keep telling myself that no, i'm holding everyone back. I genuinely know that's exactly what i'm doing. But ppl are all so nice to keep encouraging me, which is why by the second round, my tears fell not only cos of guilt, fear, but also cos of a weird warmth that radiates around me when I hear the encouraging words. I just feel like everyone is being so supportive but there I am letting everyone down by running so slowly. It was however beyond what I can really do that morning. So, fortunately or unfortunately, one of the most memorable part of the camp is when I go beyond my physical limits and barely completed the supposedly 2 rounds of campus run. Its literally completed with sweat and tears. 

Slept really well on the second night, curled up into a perfect imitation of a caterpillar and slept soundly through till daybreak. 

The next thing that has a really memorable place in my heart would be the sparring session on the very last day of the camp. Its like a sudden outburst of adrenaline inside me and I feel so light and free.Though I didn't win for majority of the time, but I genuinely felt the joy of being able to fence. Like momentarily, I don't feel my aching limbs and back anymore. All I see is my opponent standing in the opposite direction on the piste and i'm wearing my mask, holding my blade, ready to go. To be honest, it felt awkward at first having to approach strangers to fence but you soon get the hang of it. Most of them are pretty nice so it was quite an enjoyable experience. 

Okay so all in all, this training camp I learnt a lot, sweat a lot, ached a lot, experienced a lot, cleared up my thoughts a lot, definitely a fruitful experience.

Gonna sleep soon. I'm dead tired. Kk thx, bye~

Cheers! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment