Friday, January 9, 2015

FIRST WEEK OF 2015

Day 9 of 365. 

Slightly more than a week have passed, upon entering the new year. 2015 is great. As of now. 9 days into the new year, i'm pretty much enjoying the life that i'm leading right now. Quite a bit has been going on lately and i've settled some stuff, started on some stuff as well. It's just really exciting to just think about what i've planned out for myself in the few months ahead. 

First thing first, I should be going to travel around UK during mid March till the end of March if nothing crops up from now till then. Gavin and I just settled the plane tickets a few days ago and everything's paid for and basically we're almost like counting down to the day where we can finally make our way to London, where our UK journey starts. We have yet to plan our journey for the 18 days that we will be spending in the UK but I believe we will be doing so in the near future before we fly over. I'm just overflowing with excitement and eagerness to travel over to experience and feel all that i've imagined so far. As of now, only the plane tickets are settled but there are way more to go when it comes to packing and planning for our trip and i'll leave the rest till i'm slightly more free cos right now i'm just drowning in piles of reports to submit and finals are coming in a month or so, which explains why this is a hideously busy period for a student in her final term before graduating. 

However, very fortunately, I found the time to get started on my very first painting using acrylic paint during the very first week of school when school started after the new year. I realised that acrylic painting is way harder than what I had imagined and I barely managed to complete half of my painting after half a day sitting on the floor blending and squeezing non stop. But I must say that it is something that I definitely see myself adopting as a hobby because it really is therapeutic to paint. You forget about the passing of time when painting. Its pretty peaceful and serene to just sit and be yourself. There's something weirdly satisfying too, probably cos i've never really got the chance to explore such areas to have a feel for myself.

I think overall i've been getting on really well with my new year resolutions for 2015. I started with acrylic painting, cleaned out my entire room and am in the progress of putting it together with photos and my own paintings over time as I complete more pieces. As for making trips down to museums in general, I have yet to be able to find time to do it at the moment because of school and homework and stuff but its okay there will be opportunities to visit the museums in London and I believe it will be as amazing. :)

I definitely feel good and i'm glad that there's a lot more of doing than actual planning this year, which is always good. Though this is not as obvious when it comes to school work cos honestly, as fun as chemical engineering really is, I can only say that it is fun only if you know exactly what you are doing and if you don't, it just sucks so bad. I really am trying to get it over and done with before moving on to the next stage in life where I don't really see myself pursuing a further degree in chemical engineering. I don't know if its something that i'll regret taking in the future, this route in chemical engineering in general but I think it should be fine. I can't deny that it opened me to many insights to the industry that I actually don't mind working in for a living but not so much about pursuing a higher degree in it. We'll see when the time comes. :)

That's quite a bit for slightly more than a week and I feel awesome. I'm slowly getting back into reading again, which is always nice. Currently reading a book by James Patterson, "First Love" which I think is strangely addicting. I don't even know if I can call it a good book but at the moment, yes I am absolutely drawn into the story very much. I hope this is a book that gets me back into reading like what I used to do. :)

Till then, all's good. :)

"Carpe Diem. Because today, after all, was all we knew we had."

J.
xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment